WEI Pitch Competition and Grant Application
The Women’s Entrepreneurship Initiative is excited to announce that we have received a generous donation from the Hawks Foundation to help us present a series of workshops, pitch competition and grants for women entrepreneurs in the City of Atlanta.
- Participants must register for the WEI Workshop Series to be eligible for the Pitch Competition that will occur in Spring 2021.
- Workshops focus on best practices and tactics critical to early stage start-up success around initiatives like tech enablement, sales and fulfillment, job creation, and software development.
- WEI is pleased that the Hawks organization will also lend its business expertise to participants as part of their preparation for the pitch competition.
- Participants of the pitch competition will have up to two minutes to pitch their idea.
- Participants will be evaluated by a panel of judges comprised of business and community leaders.
- Two sets of grants will be awarded for the Pitch Competition.
- The 1st set of grants will be awarded to the current WEI Cohort.
- The 2nd set of grants will be awarded to Atlanta-based entrepreneurs.
- The top scorers of the Pitch Competition will be awarded grants in the amount of $5K, $10K, and $15K increments.
- 1st Place Winners will receive a $15,000 Grant
- 2nd Place Winners will receive a $10,000 Grant
- 3rd Place Winners will receive a $5,000 Grant
- Winners will complete and submit an “accountability roadmap” to establish milestones, metrics, outcomes and confirm fund allocation.
- Winners will report outcomes to WEI quarterly.
- Registration opens March 18th and will close at the end of April.
- Additional rules and instructions to follow.
Please register below to enter the Spring 2021 Workshops & Pitch Competition.